Lesson 2 The
.Discuss the Writing
cycle and current writing trends in classrooms
- Links to sites online with current
theories of education
- Philosophies about Writing -
Online Teacher's Library for more links
- Lucy Calkins - "The Art of Teaching Writing"
+ "Raising Lifelong Learners".
- J. David Cooper -- Senior author of Transitions....
part of Literacy Movement
- Jay McTighe ---"Authentic....Performanc Based Assessments"
Routman - Transitions from Literature to Literacy
- "Classrooms that Work" Series
- Prewriting, Planning, Writing, Researching, Revising, Editing,
PreWriting – Brainstorm, using the
chat room, all the ways you use writing in the classroom now.
Collaborative Learning Online
Curriculum Links for Brainstorming
- See Chapter 2 Handout "Brainstorming
with..." and links on Teacher’s Web page
- Inside PODs
- blank brainstorm forms
Computer terms - Chatting protocol
- See "Help" page on Chatting
Collaborative Learning /Classroom Management -- HOW do
I deal with those groups?
Try one new way of grouping your students. Share the pros and
cons of this grouping method on the Discussion Board for the class.
Respond to someone else's message.