"Writing Across the Curriculum Using Technology"
Instructor: Barbara A. Schulz
John Hopkins University CTE
May Semester 2000
Lesson 10 (TH 5/25)*
Lesson 11 &
1. (6.0) Evaluate, select, and integrate technology and the writing
process into curriculum and instruction across discipline
2. (5.0) Design and develop effective instructional activities that integrate technology in order to meet the learning needs of diverse student populations, including students with disabilities.
3. (1.0) Apply computers and telecommunications to facilitate active learning and effective instruction by creating lesson plans for writing activities using the writing cycle integrated into their curriculum
4. (3.0) Explore, evaluate and use technology-based instructional strategies, including applications, educational software, and documentation.
5. ( 19.0) Develop resources for assuring adherence to ethical practice and continuation of professional development.
1. (#1,2, 4, 5)Participants will write 3 lesson plans, utilizing 3 different parts of the writing cycle, to create a "Writing Process Project" that · integrates technology and the writing process into curriculum and instruction across disciplines · includes the principals of effective instruction · facilitates active learning · includes appropriate assessment practices to the use of computers and related technologies · meets the needs of diverse learners including those with disabilities
2. (# 2) Participants will post discussion messages about different educational issues, and send email to instructor.
3. (#6) Participants will take part in discussions in an online chat room regarding educational issues
4. (#3) Participants will review 2 articles concerning technology, the writing cycle and instruction.
5. (#6) Participants will share their district's Acceptable Use Policy.