Templates for Your Site
Create a design for the web page
up -----2 folders on your disk in the A:/ drive (you may
also want to make a temporary backup copy on the computer you
are working on - just be sure to move that folder to the recycling
bin when the class is over)
- Icons - This folder will hold
all your graphics (pictures)
- html - This folder will
hold all your Web pages
- Planning -
- Use the Planning Template - Think
- Audience (age level),
- Purpose (is it for Research?
to as Motivation? to build background knowledge? )and the
- Main Ideas you want to cover
in your pages
- Fill in the File names for each of your pages,
- And the Text you will use to create links on that page….
- Next - Think about each page of your web site --
let the Template help you think about:
the Details you want on each page
What links you need to have to other
What graphics do you need to find or
create for each page
- Create the side bar links and the bottom links to other pages
for fast manuever.
- Don't Forget the copyright message, and the date the page
- Remember -- The more Planning
you do now, the less time you will waste later….
On to creating the templates using basic HTML.